Stop and take a look around. Stop and listen, listen to what you’re telling yourself inside, be aware and then pay attention to what people outside of you are saying. Are you noticing? Do they sound just like what you tell yourself before you start something, or are just about to embark on something? Have you started with it and then told everyone about it? At first, it felt so good when you kept it to yourself, you knew exactly what the next step was, then people started asking you questions, or you thought everyone would have that same good tingly feeling you get when you think about it. All their opinions have taken over yours, they doubt what you are doing, their doubts keep weighing you down and then you eventually give up.
Whether you have the lowest or the highest confidence the truth is every person is unsure about how things will turn out. Every person has their confidence shaken in life, seriously, every person, but what will make you different from others is that you continue putting one foot forward and then the other foot forward. The steps might be secure, the steps might be planned or the steps come to you intuitively. The truth is that everyone thinks that there is a possibility that this might not work or it might work but those who are committed and do whatever it takes are the ones that are seeing progress. You might have to take one step back and another step to the side and then forward again. The fact is you are moving, you are working towards it, you are continuing the momentum. The more action you take the more self-belief you gain from your learnings. You know exactly what you’re doing because of the actions you’ve taken that the next person will not even be able to keep track of it. See, that’s why no one will get it but you.
It’s a journey, the journey is almost like a life course. Here’s why?
- It takes courage and self-belief to decide to take action on whatever it is that you want in your life for yourself or your family.
- It might even mean risk i.e. financial or other.
- You feel lost and wonder where to start.
- You do your homework and learn a few things.
- It takes courage to find the power to ignore all the opinions that are not fuelling your self-belief or courage.
- You forget how long you had been thinking about this and at this point, this (whatever it is that you want to achieve and the reason for that) will either remain a dream or something which you’ve decided is not going to stay as a dream anymore.
- You’ve decided to continue, and boy is there a whole lot of people who are not happy. Maybe the steps you’ve chosen to get to this dream affects a few people.
- Now you’re heading forward. You might be heading forward with no tug of war or you have to keep playing tug of war until people become inspired by the dream result which you have visualised but until then you’re on your own fuelling your own self-belief, courage, confidence, determination through your own time by trying to figure it out. Of course, you’re so engrossed at figuring it out that you haven’t taken out the rubbish or haven’t done the dishes. Now someone is very unhappy.
- You might also be met with resistance because you’ve taken steps to get to your goals while your partner hasn’t. This is another process and then eventually your partner sees the change in you and the passion in you. This then gives them the inspiration to start their own journey.
- Now you’re growing and you have to face a bit more risk or perhaps invest in other things. You’re now trying to get through the mindset around money.
- Your small short-term failures allow you to see pitfalls because you’ve kept your eye on the ball.
- You feel more positive and your positivity has grown through all these twelve steps.
At every point there was something you’ve learnt in the steps I put up there. These are roughly the fundamental things you need to learn within you in anything you want to do in life and not having this knowledge in advance is what holds many people back. You only attain this knowledge through doing.
You still reap these rewards whether you’ve got to your ultimate goal or whether you’re round the corner from it. If you’re still rowing on you will be far from the point of giving up because you have learnt what it takes to take action and follow the steps.
Think about it. When you’re going to reach your goal or close to reaching it…
- You have to prepare because it will change your life. You can’t have reached the top and have no mindset.
- You will value it even more because of what it took.
- You will be able to innovate because you’re familiar with the road.
- You’re close and it’s just a matter of time you’re going to have a breakthrough. One breakthrough after the next and boy do you feel close.
It all starts with you, it’s all in you, you just have to get in touch with it and then you will automatically get through the journey on your own.
Don’t give up on yourself and don’t give up too soon. Stick around to check out the miracle…
T. Dench Patel