Isn’t it hard to bear it all? Isn’t it harder to bear it all when you know the personality of certain people around you and the level that they are at in their spiritual lives compared to yours? You damn right this is a risk i.e. to show yourself at your weakest point. Some of you out there think this is pretty darn crazy. Who does this?
The culture is evolving in the world, and when I tell people from third world countries and people from first world countries that successful people and spiritual people believe in the power of vulnerability, you should see their faces.
I’ll be frank, would I want to be bear it all especially in a third world country? I have experienced first-hand what being part of the dog eat dog world was like. No thank you, In the past, I chose the doses of vulnerability that I showed to others and even to my own family because it wasn’t serving me. I knew people in great places but when push came to shove unity in the immediate family is what gets you through the s***. People thought they were helping me by setting me up in an arranged marriage with some rich guy. It made me feel even more imprisoned, and I felt disappointed that this is what people in my world called “helping” someone.
“Vulnerability, that will get you killed man! Get back to the real world, now,” is what they say in their own words.
Is this the world we’re living in?
We need to play the game, we cannot be true, we have to survive it, we need to live in fear and betray our dreams just to stay alive so that we can keep what we worked for to be safe. We’re brought up in a world where most believe a dream is exactly what it is i.e. a dream.
Are we ever going to be safe?
You and I know the answer to this.
We’re safe from nothing.
The truth is when you find yourself around the people you trust you will feel the power of vulnerability even more. Spiritual people feel it all the time.
- You attract someone like you for exactly who you are. No fakes.
- You find out the truth about people’s nature.
- People will more likely help you because they know the authentic you.
- People will trust you more.
- You will have an amazing support circle over time.
- You will know who to stay away from.
- You will have pure trust with certain people who were there for you with no judgement passed.
It’s mostly our ego that stops us from being vulnerable. One wants to be seen as doing well in life, but the truth is it earns you a whole lot of fake accolades.
Why wait to find out who are your true friends when things are going really bad when you can be experiencing the biggest positive phase of your life because you’ve mastered the art and the power of being vulnerable.
Being vulnerable can be torturous and there are loads of people who get satisfaction from other people’s pain.
- Don’t go around being vulnerable to anyone and everyone after reading this article. Just be yourself and be mindful. Intuition and emotional intelligence is required. Know that people live in their patterns and won’t change unless they chose to. You can’t change people. If you already know what reaction you are going to get, start to surround yourself with people who have a similar mentality.
- Don’t ditch people when they’re at their lowest moment. They will have better days. Wouldn’t it be great to have a great time with genuine people at their best of times? Very few people in this world can say that they really had tough moments in their life because they had genuine people around them to help them through it. Share the joy as well as the pain with people. It will be a worthwhile investment.
It takes practice and acceptance at it in the beginning
If you’ve decided to go on this road irrelevant of what people think, then awesome. Begin small and with time it will come naturally.
Once you’ve taken on this challenge life will be testing you. You will be called onto being vulnerable in bigger ways.
Think about it, were we not born vulnerable? Were you not vulnerable during the years you were growing up?
We’ve protected ourselves so much that we miss the chance to make new friendships because of the hurt and pain we’ve gone through in the past.
If we look at it as there will be positive people and negative people just like there are other things in life that are positive and negative.
You can only be guided by intuition and sometimes you find out the hard way. There is no way of knowing, but you can choose to always see the positive.
This is what I’ve learnt on this journey.
When you take more risks in life, you will trust more and when you trust more, you are no longer afraid, in fact, you are free. – T. Dench Patel
T. Dench Patel